Pages

I want to begin this blog by giving glory to our Creator...His design is perfect. This is a fiddle head fern bud ready to unfold...they were all over on both sides of a trail we hiked during one of our weekly nature walks."All of the parts of the frond of a fern bud are tightly folded spirally within the bud and every fold of every leaflet is also folded in a spiral. But the first glance at one of these little wooly spirals gives us but small conception of its marvelous enfolding," (Handbook of Nature Study, p. 698)."...so intricate is the action of their multitudinous spirals, that to watch them unfolding impresses one as would a miracle," (HNS, p. 699).
Can't you just read this and feel that it describes all life?! It is a privilege for me to know Reece's Rainbow ministry, the precious "miracles" that give this ministry purpose, and to share with you my family's "unfolding" as we walk by faith. Thank you for sharing our walk...may you be richly blessed.

14 November 2009

Thoughts on Maria...

For a little girl who is Deaf, she is so in tune with her other senses, especially observation. If I forget to close a door, she "tells" me to do so; she makes sure I turn the lights off when I leave a room, and turn them on when I enter; she knows right away when something is missing or out of place. On a few occasions she has had on a little denim dress with tiny pockets where we have been able to hide very tiny toys and then make a big deal when we find them. Well today she had that dress on again. When I picked her up in her groupa she ran back to the room to clean up blocks that were "out of place" before she left the room (a few had gone under the sofa chair), and while she tidied up she managed to take two very small duplo blocks and stick one in each of her pockets on the dress. So when we got downstairs to our play room, she pointed out her stuffed pockets as if to say, see, look, I can hide something in there too! Very cute.

For a lot of time yesterday and again today, she has really "studied" the picture book we had made for her before we came. It's pictures of all of us, the house, our porch, rooms in the house, etc. She has been "meditating" over each photo and looking very carefully. She took an especially long time looking at the photo of the toy room and she got really close to it as if to check out the toys; she kisses the pictures of dom and the kids, and hugs the book. I wish I knew what she was thinking...

About half way through our play time today Maria started to march around the room - very slow and deliberate...she would stomp each foot, she had one hand on her hip, and the other she kept straight out....she would stomp, and turn, stomp and march, stomp and turn, all the while keeping her arm straight out with a fist, and she kept turning back to smile at me... then she came over and took my hands to do it with her... and then I realized what she was doing, because I had done it last week with the boys and her....she was copying and doing their Karate moves! She is just too smart!

2 comments:

  1. Hmmmm. :-) Sounds like she's going to fit in perfectly!! What a bundle of energy and joy. What a blessing to your family. Hand-picked for you from before there was time. Ah, the grace of our Creator ... and Sustainer!

    PS Can you give her an extra big hug - and count it from me? When the time is right, I hope to do it in person. :) Hugs to you, too, Mich!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like one smart little girl!! Laurel also is so tidy and observant. Maria sounds much more calm than her though. I so hope one day they can meet. Laurel gets her hearing aids on Dec 1st!

    ReplyDelete