Pages

I want to begin this blog by giving glory to our Creator...His design is perfect. This is a fiddle head fern bud ready to unfold...they were all over on both sides of a trail we hiked during one of our weekly nature walks."All of the parts of the frond of a fern bud are tightly folded spirally within the bud and every fold of every leaflet is also folded in a spiral. But the first glance at one of these little wooly spirals gives us but small conception of its marvelous enfolding," (Handbook of Nature Study, p. 698)."...so intricate is the action of their multitudinous spirals, that to watch them unfolding impresses one as would a miracle," (HNS, p. 699).
Can't you just read this and feel that it describes all life?! It is a privilege for me to know Reece's Rainbow ministry, the precious "miracles" that give this ministry purpose, and to share with you my family's "unfolding" as we walk by faith. Thank you for sharing our walk...may you be richly blessed.

18 November 2009

Gotchya Day!


Today has been a long and wonderful day! I awoke at 7AM; I wanted to be sure I gave myself enough time to mentally prepare for the day. Marina and Nicholas picked me up just before 10AM. We travelled to pick up the court papers, and then to the Office of Vital Statistics where I signed for and obtained Maria’s birth certificate naming Dominic and I as her parents. Then we went to the orphanage to pick up Svetlana, the Head Nurse, and Maria to head to the passport agency. We were in and out in 5 minutes. Last stop was the bank where I signed over the government funds in Maria’s name to the orphanage. Now we can relax and have fun. I shared some personal words with Marina knowing I would not see her again after today. We cried and we wished for each other that each of our lives would be blessed beyond measure.

At the orphanage Marina prepared paperwork for me to sign while Maria went potty and ate lunch there for the last time. I changed her clothes and the three ladies working kept hugging and kissing Maria goodbye. I then presented the gifts and my letter to the ladies. I started crying before I began the first word! Marina helped me with a couple of words I got stuck on. And at the end I had one more thing left to say that I had not prepared in Ukrainian so I asked Marina to translate…I wanted to honor Antonina who I posted about earlier, because she has been there since the day the orphanage opened. I gave her a special gift that was something personal to me, a symbol of the adoption and a symbol of hope for all the children waiting to be adopted. I can speak for all of us when I say it was one of the most special moments in my lifetime, and I believe theirs too. More tears, more hugs, and then we were on our way.

Maria was a trooper today, taking everything in….EVERYTHING was new to her today - how exciting and I’m sure somewhat frightening at the same time. We even went in to the supermarket to buy some groceries where she had her first shopping cart ride.
Before Dom and the kids left Kiev, they had bought a special card which Marina and Nicholas gave to me today. It was addressed to “Mommy and Maria.” There was a picture of a mother and daughter on the front holding hands. All the printed words were in Ukrainian so I have no idea what occasion the card is for, but it’s a Hallmark , and Dom even underlined some of the words to make it look authentic  . Dom and the kids wrote the sweetest things inside and Maria and I opened it together when we got “home.”
We had a snack and Maria loves to eat! She did not care for the dinner I cooked, so we’ll try again tomorrow.

Now the real fun begins! We are planning to pick up her passport around 10AM on Saturday and then travel to Kiev. Everything is thus far on schedule for us to fly home next Thursday, 11/26. We will spend the next several days getting to know each other and hopefully taking walks and going to the playground!

I know there were and still are lots of prayers coming this way, and I am so very thankful. I could not have gotten through reading that letter this morning without them…the ladies and Marina said I spoke beautifully and my accent was perfect - all Praise to God!

Happy Days!

7 comments:

  1. How wonderful! How beautiful is the LOVE of Jesus Christ!! I am singing and rejoicing right now! What a beautiful story of His love and goodness! Your cup is overflowing and making a difference in many lives! To the praise of His glory! Amazing! We love all of you Mastroiannis!
    Lynn Clippinger

    ReplyDelete
  2. With all the love in our hearts, we wish you and Dom and all of your beautiful children, Dom, Dio, Donitella and Maria all the happiness in the world! This will be a very memorable Holiday season shared by all of you in a house filled with joy and love!
    We wish you and Maria a safe return and we can't wait to see you both and help to welcome you home!
    With much love, Irene and Gary

    ReplyDelete
  3. :)) :)) :))

    Can we smile too much?? What a beautiful day! And what an answer to so many prayers! Our Lord is so gracious and for His glory and our good brings about His will with great power! (All thanks to you, dear Lord!)

    Michele, you know that our prayers continue!! Have fun on your "gently led" nature walks!! Maybe you can post Ukrainian flora and fauna for us to see! :)) (on both blogs?) And as you take it one day at a time ... take the day one step at a time!

    xoxoxoxoxo xoxoxoxoxo
    (Those are hugs and kisses from the Wiebes to both of you, Michele and Maria!)

    PS The song on your video today is the hymn we are learning this month!! (words below) Beautiful photos!! ... Beautiful prayer.

    BREAK THOU THE BREAD OF LIFE

    Break Thou the bread of life, dear Lord, to me,
    As Thou didst break the loaves beside the sea;
    Beyond the sacred page I seek Thee, Lord;
    My spirit pants for Thee, O living Word!

    Bless Thou the truth, dear Lord, to me, to me,
    As Thou didst bless the bread by Galilee;
    Then shall all bondage cease, all fetters fall;
    And I shall find my peace, my all in all.

    Thou art the bread of life, O Lord, to me,
    Thy holy Word the truth that saveth me;
    Give me to eat and live with Thee above;
    Teach me to love Thy truth, for Thou art love.

    O send Thy Spirit, Lord, now unto me,
    That He may touch my eyes, and make me see:
    Show me the truth concealed within Thy Word,
    And in Thy Book revealed I see the Lord.

    “I am the Bread of life. He who comes to Me will never go hungry.” John 6:35

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

    Oh Michele, I am so happy for you! What a wonderful day and time for you and your new daughter! I am so thankful to have been even a small part of this and to be so priveleged as to see God working in this. It does my heart good!

    Love you,

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love you so very much! You described a beautiful day. I am so very glad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. BIG congratulations my friend! She is beautiful, and so is your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a remarkable journey!! Maria is beautiful. God has certainly been watching over all of you as your journey unfolded. How appropriate to be flying home on Thanksgiving Day. Indeed there is much to be thankful for and much praise to the Lord for seeing you through this journey safely.

    Hope the remainder of your journey goes smoothly and you arrive safely at home. We are continuing to keep you all in our prayers.

    Love, Aunt Maryann & Uncle John

    ReplyDelete