Pages

I want to begin this blog by giving glory to our Creator...His design is perfect. This is a fiddle head fern bud ready to unfold...they were all over on both sides of a trail we hiked during one of our weekly nature walks."All of the parts of the frond of a fern bud are tightly folded spirally within the bud and every fold of every leaflet is also folded in a spiral. But the first glance at one of these little wooly spirals gives us but small conception of its marvelous enfolding," (Handbook of Nature Study, p. 698)."...so intricate is the action of their multitudinous spirals, that to watch them unfolding impresses one as would a miracle," (HNS, p. 699).
Can't you just read this and feel that it describes all life?! It is a privilege for me to know Reece's Rainbow ministry, the precious "miracles" that give this ministry purpose, and to share with you my family's "unfolding" as we walk by faith. Thank you for sharing our walk...may you be richly blessed.

10 November 2009

Many tears...

Many tears were shed as I said goodbye to Dom and the kids this morning, including many of my own which still come now as I type this post. I know that once they are home the kids will be back in their routine and we plan to skype each other every day. I know they are so sad right now, but I know they will all encourage each other to have fun their last couple of days in Kiev together. I pray it is a happy time for them before they board the plane on Thursday for the long flight back to New York. I wish things had turned out a bit differently...I was hoping Little Dom would be able to stay with me, but Dom told me he felt it best to keep the kids together, and they are so in need of "home," riding their bikes and scooters, seeing some friends, sunshine and warmer weather to play outside and run and jump and exercise their lungs at the playground. As much as Dio wishes he didn't have to leave, he has told me several times he cannot wait to get to Raleigh to sleep in his own bed with all his stuffed animals and his pillow...he wants to slide his hand under his pillow and feel safe. If we did this all over again would we bring the kids back with us...absolutely! We had our share of challenges, mostly ones beyond our control - the weather and the H1N1 scare. Our kids are used to being outside every day - running, jumping, climbing, etc... it was tough to do here. Little Dom especially needs physical exercise and activity every day. I can see now why God brought us to Raleigh...warmer weather and more sunshine so we can be outside more. We do want to return here with the family when Maria is older so we can share with her where she is from...we will plan that during the spring and summer months :)

My tears have stopped, but if I let myself I'm sure I could cry for several days. There is a feeling of loneliness here right now...but tomorrow is a new day and I will see Maria in the morning and the evening each day beginning on Wednesday.

Dom spoke with us all this morning and told us we need to look at this as if we each have a job to do... Dom's job is to bring the kids home safe and healthy and get them back to their routine - New Life Camp, Karate, Dr. Davis, re-setting boundaries, Church, and school which big Dom will continue with them over the next two weeks; my job is to work with Maria on more communication with cueing, and to bring her home safe and healthy, and the kids' jobs are to prepare the home and their hearts for welcoming Maria. Pictured below is Dom and the kids saying goodbye for the last time before they see her again at the end of the month.


Prayer Request: For God to bring my family to Kiev safely today (4 hour drive); for God to bring them home safely to NYC on Thurs, and then to bring them home safely to Raleigh on Saturday as Dom drives them all back. Also, for me to dig deep in to the Word over these next weeks to prepare me for what He has planned next, and to comfort me over these next weeks away from the family.

"I will lift up my eyes to the hills - where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth...The Lord will keep you from all harm -He will watch over your life; the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore." Psalm 121:1,2,7,8

6 comments:

  1. Dear Michele,
    As I write, the day is half spent where you are ... and we are just beginning our Tuesday. But, thankfully, prayer spans beyond time and space. Last night I thought of you all especially - asking our Lord to grant you all the needed grace as you continue this walk of faith.

    These days are "once in a lifetime" for each of you. Invaluable. Getting back into routine has a way of making those unique days even more special. I pray that as Dom and the children return home, it will help them in all the many ways needed and that "absence makes the heart grow fonder" - both for Maria, you and their Creator!

    For you, Michele, may your time there be sweet as you draw near to Him in quiet and the Word. May these days "alone" be a blessing to you - a transistion that He has deemed appropriate before the final steps of that life altering trip you will make into being a SHMof5 in NC. :-)

    With intercession, prayers for joy in your journey and much love, pw

    PS Please let Dom know that I would enjoy getting the children together if appropriate! Also, we would love to help in any way needed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My prayers & thoughts are with all of you & I am looking forward to welcoming Dom & the kids home.
    Love, Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers for safe travel for you family and for you as you complete the rest of the journey home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, Mich!! That first comment above should have said ... "SHMof4". Unless of course you are bring more than Maria home! :) love, pw

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love you dearly. Leaving my Skype on for you. Yes, it will be difficult without the kids, and Dom, but God has already equipped you to handle this time apart from them. Think of it as really great personal time with the Lord.Left Dom a message on the machine today with my contact information.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so excited for you all Michele. Maria is just precious and the bonding is soooo clearly evident from the pictures. I can't wait to meet her. Love you and we'll be praying for you all.

    ReplyDelete