Pages

I want to begin this blog by giving glory to our Creator...His design is perfect. This is a fiddle head fern bud ready to unfold...they were all over on both sides of a trail we hiked during one of our weekly nature walks."All of the parts of the frond of a fern bud are tightly folded spirally within the bud and every fold of every leaflet is also folded in a spiral. But the first glance at one of these little wooly spirals gives us but small conception of its marvelous enfolding," (Handbook of Nature Study, p. 698)."...so intricate is the action of their multitudinous spirals, that to watch them unfolding impresses one as would a miracle," (HNS, p. 699).
Can't you just read this and feel that it describes all life?! It is a privilege for me to know Reece's Rainbow ministry, the precious "miracles" that give this ministry purpose, and to share with you my family's "unfolding" as we walk by faith. Thank you for sharing our walk...may you be richly blessed.

17 November 2009

MA-sha Mama

Today we had another nice day. The children were once again being dressed to go outside when I arrived. I helped one sweet little boy put his scarf on, and then Maria and I were on our way. She is becoming a little protective of her Mama. When the other children come over she pushes them away and makes her little sound “aaaa” at them. I am helping her to understand not to push and to be gentle. Today all I heard over and over outside was the nya nya’s saying “Masha Mama, Ni, Masha Mama, Masha Mama,” which simply means Masha’s mama, no, Masha’s mama (and the stress is on the MA in Masha). As the children see me they call me mama, and some run up to me, as I have described before. But the nya nya’s keep telling them no, it’s Masha’s mama.

Tomorrow Marina is picking me up at 9:00AM (2AM EST). We will pick up the court papers, then the birth certificate, and then go to the orphanage to get Maria. I have an outfit picked out for her all ready to go, plus her new coat, mittens and hat. I have learned here a lot about undergarments, and I have a new appreciation for them. The Ukrainians love undergarments. I have a pair of tights I am bringing also just in case they say she is not dressed warm enough. They dress the children in many layers here. I will say the tights are awesome, so much so that I have bought 3 pairs for Donatella. You can see from the picture below how nicely they are made to fit the body, especially the hips and waist. I estimate to be at the orphanage around 10AM. It will be at this time that I present the gifts I have bought the nya nya’s, and read the letter to them from my family. Please keep me and Maria in your prayers.





Just something funny to note: I keep meaning to journal this… when we were at the SDA waiting outside to be called in, it was cold out - we all had winter coats. The kids were very active and Donatella asked if she could take her coat off because she was getting warm, and I said sure. The sun was coming out and it was warming up, and at home our kids are out in the winter barefoot on the sidewalk, and they don’t get sick, praise God! Any way, about 10 minutes later we were called in to the SDA. After the appt was over, we went outside and met the Sensibas who were waiting to go in next. I wanted to talk with Amy, however Serge said that the ladies inside are upset that Donatella does not have a coat on. I thought he was kidding - but he was serious and said we had to leave because everyone is getting upset. He later told us that what the ladies actually said was, “Who is this little girl that is outside naked?! Why isn’t she dressed?! Where is her coat?!” I had no idea how much that upset them. But then when we met Maria and we see how many layers she has on each day for just being inside, I understand and respect it. We all, however, did have a chuckle over it when Serge told us. That is why I am bringing an extra pair of tights tomorrow for Maria.

7 comments:

  1. ...adorable clothes! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle,I have been following your beautiful families journey to bring your daughter Maria home.It brings back so many wonderful and anxious moments to bringing our gorgeous son home in 2008.Wishing you safe travels and enjoy every moment with Maria,love Cass

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray!! You are on the homestretch!! I can't believe it's almost over for you guys!!

    The SDA story made me laugh. Something similar happened to us but it was me that was "dressed slightly". We had to go to a secondhand store and buy more clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Friends,

    Finally, another BIG day has arrived!!! and I suspect, Michele, that you are in the midst sharing with the staff at the orphanage your deep appreciation for all they have done and "receiving Maria" into your care.

    I pray that she is dressed "warm" enough! The little clothes you choose are adorable and will bring with them such memories of her home land!

    What a journey this have been for you all. Our family has been positively touched by this
    Walk of Faith! and we look forward to keeping our front row seats! :))

    Dom, I am blessed when I think of what a great dad you are and seek to be. And I smile when I think of your words, "Wouldn't it be nice to have more children around here?" Who knew what the journey would look like and how many people would be affected! May God grace you, Masha Papa, with all the wisdom and strength you will need as you parent one more.

    Masha Mama, you are a great mama, for you seek to love as He loves and gently lead as He leads. Be humbly confident as you now parent number four, for He who called you is willing and able to equip you. Go in the grace of our Lord and in HIS mighty power.

    Ephesians 3
    14 When I think of all this, I fall to my knees and pray to the Father,[e] 15 the Creator of everything in heaven and on earth.[f] 16 I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit. 17 Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong. 18 And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. 19 May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God.
    20 Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. 21 Glory to him in the church and in Christ Jesus through all generations forever and ever! Amen.

    With MUCH love and prayers,
    The Wiebes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michele,
    How exciting to be Masha's mamma & finally get to take her home.Her little heart must be bubbling over with joy and how wonderful you & Dom must feel knowing you are responsible for her joy.
    Love, Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. This post is so funny to me because they do bundle up these children like it is 20 degrees below zero everyday! Our boys had on MANY layers of clothes even in early October when it was 70 degrees outside! I worried about them getting sick from being too hot! So, I guess I need to go and get tights for my BOYS before our gotcha day (the boys do wear tights at the orphanage!!!) I had hoped I could just layer a pair of gap pj's underneath their clothes to leave!!! I am so glad that you have Maria and I am so sorry that we were never able to get together in Ukraine! Best Wishes to your family!

    ReplyDelete