Pages

I want to begin this blog by giving glory to our Creator...His design is perfect. This is a fiddle head fern bud ready to unfold...they were all over on both sides of a trail we hiked during one of our weekly nature walks."All of the parts of the frond of a fern bud are tightly folded spirally within the bud and every fold of every leaflet is also folded in a spiral. But the first glance at one of these little wooly spirals gives us but small conception of its marvelous enfolding," (Handbook of Nature Study, p. 698)."...so intricate is the action of their multitudinous spirals, that to watch them unfolding impresses one as would a miracle," (HNS, p. 699).
Can't you just read this and feel that it describes all life?! It is a privilege for me to know Reece's Rainbow ministry, the precious "miracles" that give this ministry purpose, and to share with you my family's "unfolding" as we walk by faith. Thank you for sharing our walk...may you be richly blessed.

16 October 2009

Four full days left!


I have spent the last two weeks reading....my Bible, the Ukranian Adoption Handbook that Meredith spent so much time putting together, other blogs from families who have returned or are in the process....just trying to absorb before I dive in to the physical motion of prep and pack. I've asked a lot of questions, printed out needed forms, and am really trying to get my arms around what we are about to do...I honestly do not think it has hit me yet...as I sit here so calmly tonite. I am studying and practicing my cued speech with myself and the kids. Tomorrow is our final session with Miss Jane. She has been wonderful and is so good with the kids.

With the kids tucked in, tonite I will spend most of the night putting together a list of what needs to be done each day so we are not scrambling, and what needs to be packed, and putting together a picture book for Morgan so we can leave it with her when we return to the States for the 10-day appeals period.

I just finished reading 1 Samuel and am reading 2 Samuel now. I am learning so much about the life of David. I think about him all day, asking God - what is it you are trying to teach me right now, what is it you want me to know... and I just listen and wait for Him to speak.

2 comments:

  1. This is the most precious picture. Dom & Dio look absolutely beside themselves! Can't wait for Morgan to see that. Wow. God bless you dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! That picture is precious!

    I am SOOOOOOOO excited for you and your family and little Morgan! I will pray for a safe journey for all!

    ReplyDelete