
I typed up an email to our friends and family yesterday sharing the news of our date. I realize that I want to post that here so I am reminded of those thoughts when I reflect back on the adoption. And as I think about the many details of getting our home ready to bring Morgan home, I am reminded that Jesus, our Savior, was born in a barn... So the size of our home and number of things does not matter, it's all the love in it bursting at the joints! That our home is built on the Rock will keep us going!
Sweet Family and Friends,
Today we were given our SDA (State Dept. of Adoption) appointment in Kiev, Ukraine of Monday, Oct 26, at 10AM! I want to thank all of you for your prayers for our adoption thus far, and ask for continued prayers for travel protection for all five of us, and that God would bring all the remaining details together to get Morgan home. I cannot believe it is finally here! We will be driving to NY to stay with family the week before, and then fly out of JFK. There will be two trips - all five of us will make the first one (about 3 weeks), and then I will make the second one (about 10-14 days), and am praying about taking my oldest son Dominic with me to help bring his sister home!
Many of you know moving to North Carolina was a HUGE change for us and things did not work out as we planned. However, they did work out as God planned. We experienced many struggles, but I see God's hand in all of it. This adoption is TRULY HIS, not ours. There is no way we could have done this had it not been God's plan all along - He has provided for EVERY step of the way, and He has been preparing us for this all along, little did we know! All praise to Him! If He calls you to it, He WILL bring you through it! No matter what happens, this is all for His Glory!












Yay!! I'm so excited for your whole family and can't wait to see how Morgan will just blossom in your home!!! Email me sometime and let me know how things are going, I pray for you daily!
ReplyDeleteI cant wait until it's my turn. Go get that sweet sweet girl!
ReplyDeleteI can feel your excitement all the way in NY. I pray that God blesses you & keeps you all safe and I can't wait to meet our new addition.
ReplyDeleteMarie
Michele and Dom,
ReplyDeleteI am so happy for you and your family, and especially for Morgan! And I am exceedingly proud of - and humbled by - how far you have stepped out in faith in such a short time. With praise to God for his care, patience, guidance and love, and with thanksgiving for his providence, that He will take care of all your needs and ensure that you all return safely with Morgan, and fill your house so it overflows with His love.
Please let me know how I can help you.
In Christ, Laura