Pages

I want to begin this blog by giving glory to our Creator...His design is perfect. This is a fiddle head fern bud ready to unfold...they were all over on both sides of a trail we hiked during one of our weekly nature walks."All of the parts of the frond of a fern bud are tightly folded spirally within the bud and every fold of every leaflet is also folded in a spiral. But the first glance at one of these little wooly spirals gives us but small conception of its marvelous enfolding," (Handbook of Nature Study, p. 698)."...so intricate is the action of their multitudinous spirals, that to watch them unfolding impresses one as would a miracle," (HNS, p. 699).
Can't you just read this and feel that it describes all life?! It is a privilege for me to know Reece's Rainbow ministry, the precious "miracles" that give this ministry purpose, and to share with you my family's "unfolding" as we walk by faith. Thank you for sharing our walk...may you be richly blessed.

17 October 2009

Listening....

Today was a day where nothing went right, or so it seemed at first, and it all revolved around preparing for the trip. Not to get in to details but let's just say I had a list of things to do, was out for several hours, and returned home with not one thing done. I walked in to the house with tears and my husband followed me around the house until I shared what was wrong. And it really wasn't any one thing...it was a compilation of just a lot of little things. And if that wasn't enough I ventured out AGAIN for another lickin! As I stood in the store and realized that this second trip out was going south also, I heard God saying you need to go home. So I slowly turned off the line and walked out the door. After sharing all these "things" that didn't go right, I mentioned to Dom that I had also spoken with a neighbor on the phone today. This is a special neighbor who will be taking care of our home while we are away. She wanted me to know that she received the "thank you cards" from the kids for something they had given to our children...she wanted me to know it meant the world to her, and her husband, and when she opened the envelope she cried. My husband looked at me and said, isn't that what it's all about, doesn't that make you feel good that you did something for someone else, and that all these other "things" don't matter. He was right. Boy, how often the Lord uses my husband to ground me. I just looked at him and said yes. And I realized that the Lord had other plans for me today...and it did not involve running around to get things done. It involved me being reminded that life is about what we do for another, and I need to be sure that I am taking time for my children and husband during this busy time, and not neglecting the needs of those in my God-given ministry...my Family! Now, I can enjoy His peace.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Michelle and Dom,
    Your journey has been an inspiring, loving and an emotional one. It has been inspiring to read of your accomplishments along the way. You all mean so much to us and we wish you love and happiness. We know you will have a safe and exciting trip to Kiev and we await your safe return and look forward to welcoming all of you home, with an especially warm welcome for Morgan.
    Go safely and return safley. Love, Irene and Gary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Friends,
    You are in our thoughts and prayers all through the day!!! How I (Patty) have wanted to help you in some hands-on way during these last few days, but I have not know how. So ... I am praying!!! Our Everlasting, Everpresent Help is your strength. May you feel His Sustaining Presence in all and around you all. I love you, friends ... and can't wait to meet you again ... this time with your little new little One! Go in the Grace and Love of our Creator and Sustainer, our Savior and our Hope! MUCH LOVE, Patty - for the Wiebes PS Can I help with ANYTHING? Please call!

    ReplyDelete