Pages

I want to begin this blog by giving glory to our Creator...His design is perfect. This is a fiddle head fern bud ready to unfold...they were all over on both sides of a trail we hiked during one of our weekly nature walks."All of the parts of the frond of a fern bud are tightly folded spirally within the bud and every fold of every leaflet is also folded in a spiral. But the first glance at one of these little wooly spirals gives us but small conception of its marvelous enfolding," (Handbook of Nature Study, p. 698)."...so intricate is the action of their multitudinous spirals, that to watch them unfolding impresses one as would a miracle," (HNS, p. 699).
Can't you just read this and feel that it describes all life?! It is a privilege for me to know Reece's Rainbow ministry, the precious "miracles" that give this ministry purpose, and to share with you my family's "unfolding" as we walk by faith. Thank you for sharing our walk...may you be richly blessed.

04 October 2009

Travelling Soon


Our status at www.reecesrainbow.org is "Travelling Soon." I remember looking at those listed families when we first became a part of the Reeces's Rainbow family, and thinking WOW - these families are leaving soon to bring their children home! That seemed so far away for us at that time. Now, here we are listed as one of those families! Today in church I was thinking about our journey, and how it all started with a speaker from DOOR (www.doorinternational.com) giving the sermon the very first time we attended this church. As DOOR's website states, DOOR is a non-denominational Christian mission organization of many Deaf people (and a few hearing people) with a big vision and a big God. It was at that very first sermon that I looked at the Deaf children acting out a Bible story and whispered to Dom "I think we're supposed to adopt a Deaf child." And here we are! At today's sermon our Pastor Chuck spoke about that very sermon back in February! And how our church, Crossroads Fellowship in Raleigh, is the only Church in the world to "adopt" 40 million Deaf people through the DOOR ministry. You can read more about it here: http://www.crossroads.org/attachments/Mike%20and%20Linda%20Buus%20with%20pic%20for%20Web%2009.pdf).
In hearing our Pastor talk about this today, so close to our travel date, it was such a confirmation to me that we ARE following the Lord's plan. It brought me such peace to hear our Pastor speak about the very sermon of when I heard the Lord speak to my heart.
We had our third Cued Speech lesson today and it's all falling in to place. Bringing Morgan home is becoming more and more a reality to us each waking moment. The excitement that fills our home is intoxicating!
As many of you know we will be travelling with all 3 of our children. Please begin prayers now for travel protection and that God will fulfill all the details of taking our children with us. We are planning on returning during the 10 day wait, and then the plan is for me to return to bring Morgan home. I have been in prayer since we began about having someone to travel with me on that second trip. Please pray that the Lord will speak clearly to us on this matter, as I consider taking my oldest son back with me on the second trip, to help bring his sister home!
My own prayer is that this adoption will touch at least one heart in some way, and that they will respond to God's call on his/her life, whatever it may be.
Recently we were at the Beach and as we sat on our balcony I saw something rising off the water...it was the moon! I couldn't believe it... I had never seen the moon "rise" before, from the horizon high up in to the night sky...truly an awesome vision of God's creation. In the sermon today our Pastor spoke about the moon... he said that the moon is dark, it has no light of its own, that it reflects the light of the sun...in this world we are the moon, reflecting the light of Jesus. Please won't you join me in prayer, now? God Bless, Michele

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you! If you have ANY questions about anything please let me know. We are happy to help in ANY way we can to make this process as smooth as possible. On thing we learned the hard way, humble yourself to the process as crazy and ridiculous as it may seem. God WILL be glorified. We have seen so many people touched by this adoption and hope to see many more. If you think about it, please pray for Laurel who will be going to UNC to get her hearing eval and ENT referral on Tuesday. We are praying that something can be done to help her hear a little. If not, that's fine but it would be icing on the cake. Can't wait to see your travel date!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am praying for you! I miss talking with you. I'll try to call later in the week or you can give me a call when you get a chance. ((hugs))

    I think having a travel companion when you go back is a great idea!

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete