Pages

I want to begin this blog by giving glory to our Creator...His design is perfect. This is a fiddle head fern bud ready to unfold...they were all over on both sides of a trail we hiked during one of our weekly nature walks."All of the parts of the frond of a fern bud are tightly folded spirally within the bud and every fold of every leaflet is also folded in a spiral. But the first glance at one of these little wooly spirals gives us but small conception of its marvelous enfolding," (Handbook of Nature Study, p. 698)."...so intricate is the action of their multitudinous spirals, that to watch them unfolding impresses one as would a miracle," (HNS, p. 699).
Can't you just read this and feel that it describes all life?! It is a privilege for me to know Reece's Rainbow ministry, the precious "miracles" that give this ministry purpose, and to share with you my family's "unfolding" as we walk by faith. Thank you for sharing our walk...may you be richly blessed.

23 October 2009

The journey continues...

We are leaving shortly for the airport...we're all packed. Each of us has one duffle bag to be checked, and the we each have one back pack for our carry on. Dom has organized a family game of dodge ball before we leave :) I think we both have in the back of our minds that our daily workouts will not be happening as they do at home. We are a very active family and are looking forward to walking as much as we can.

I have continued to read 2 Samuel - I actually cannot put my Bible down as I feel like I am reading a cliffhanger...there is so much going on in David's life right now.

I am feeling much better about the flight...trusting God with ALL, not just a part.

Thank you family and friends. We covet your prayers. Lord willing we'll be in touch soon!

Next stop....Kiev via Moscow! See you there!
Love, Michele
"Whether you turn to the right or left, your ears will hear a voice behind you saying, "this is the way; walk in it." Isaiah 30:21

7 comments:

  1. Michele,
    Heard a song today based on Ps. 56:3-4 and thought of you. May you know the great grace, confidence and peace that comes as we choose to trust in Him, The Maker and Lord of the Universe!!
    Because of Christ and in His love, Patty

    PSALM 56:3-4
    3 When I am afraid,
    I will trust in you.
    4 In God, whose word I praise,
    in God I trust; I will not be afraid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michele,
    I am truly touched by your faith. God Bless You.
    Love, Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you, my dear friend! We are all praying for you. The boys mentioned you just last night and were asking about Morgan :)

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss you, my friends, and am thinking and praying for you often. Not sure I enjoy this public posting venue, but ... :) ... the Lord brought this scripture to encourage me this morning through your blog media mix song "Everlasting God". So, I thought I'd put the scripture here below to encourage you, too! I love you and pray that you are well. This I know: you are held in His everlasting arms! And there's no better place to be!!!

    Isaiah 40:27-31 (New Living Translation)

    27 O Jacob, how can you say the Lord does not see your troubles?
    O Israel, how can you say God ignores your rights?
    28 Have you never heard?
    Have you never understood?
    The Lord is the everlasting God,
    the Creator of all the earth.
    He never grows weak or weary.
    No one can measure the depths of his understanding.
    29 He gives power to the weak
    and strength to the powerless.
    30 Even youths will become weak and tired,
    and young men will fall in exhaustion.
    31 But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength.
    They will soar high on wings like eagles.
    They will run and not grow weary.
    They will walk and not faint.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Forgot to mention. We'll be out of town Sunday (today) through Friday and not expecting web access. But ... we will have great Throne access!! and will be praying! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whahoo!! Let the adventure begin. Soak it all up. It's a once in a lifetime experience that cannot be matched. You are officially in "the throes of labor". Enjoy meeting your little girl. Can't wait to see the updates.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy for your family! Prayers along your journey!

    ReplyDelete