Pages

I want to begin this blog by giving glory to our Creator...His design is perfect. This is a fiddle head fern bud ready to unfold...they were all over on both sides of a trail we hiked during one of our weekly nature walks."All of the parts of the frond of a fern bud are tightly folded spirally within the bud and every fold of every leaflet is also folded in a spiral. But the first glance at one of these little wooly spirals gives us but small conception of its marvelous enfolding," (Handbook of Nature Study, p. 698)."...so intricate is the action of their multitudinous spirals, that to watch them unfolding impresses one as would a miracle," (HNS, p. 699).
Can't you just read this and feel that it describes all life?! It is a privilege for me to know Reece's Rainbow ministry, the precious "miracles" that give this ministry purpose, and to share with you my family's "unfolding" as we walk by faith. Thank you for sharing our walk...may you be richly blessed.

14 September 2009

Hiccup...

Today I went downtown to bring our dossier for Apostille. I handed the clerk the papers and then watched her go over to another clerk with some of the paperwork. I began to think that something was wrong. She handed back to me almost half of the papers that needed "fixing." I was stunned. There was an issue with all the papers that state at the top "This is a true and unaltered copy of ......" (passport photos, dr. licenses, I-171H, and my husband's 1040 forms). Apparently, immediately following those words above, there needs to be a signature of the person who is stating it is a true and unaltered copy, THEN comes State of:..., County of:..., followed by the signatures again for the notary. Except for the Dr. Licenses, this involves only me and Dom adding our signatures again. Dom was able to get his Dr. to sign, however my Dr. is on maternity leave and not due back until October. We're trying to reach her but may not be able to. So, my heart is a little heavy right now, as we may be held up until my Dr. returns, and then it might be too late. I of course trust in God's plan for us, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little sad right now. I'm praying that my Dr. can be reached and willing to have us come by with the paper so she can sign again at the top. We are trying to come up with a Plan B. I did however look at all the other documents that did receive the Apostille today and it does appear to make sense that the additional signature is necessary and required. Your prayers are much appreciated in working this out.

No comments:

Post a Comment